Saturday, December 20, 2008

A crucial point...


I was on the brink of signing out to rest for awhile since I was as always...multi-tasking again to exhaustion. Cooking...washing some soiled clothes...since it was all done and we have had eaten lunch too...think I have the feel to go back to bed after being up at 5am kicking my legs, while everybody's still snoring in their crib...arghh!
Let's tackle the issue...my daughter's bestfriend, a young guy...2 years her junior is in a gloomy mood. Why? His grandma, on his father's side...btw, I have learned that he still have yet to see his biological father. Both parents are estranged. Poor young boy. The grandma insists that this boy take the journey to priesthood trail instead. This coming semester he'll be going to take up the exams on priesthood which is Theology I guess. I don't know the exact course on this matter. I have a cousin who really must have loved being a priest. He is right now serving his mission in far away Africa. Indeed it's his passion to serve people. But this young guy who has a dream of his own away from what his grandma thinks and wishes for him...is putting the young guy in a selfish box repressing his own true identity and freedom. I wonder how he thinks now that it is only a few months away from now. He will be put in exile inside the seminary that he never dreamt of...an out and out violation of decision making. I just hope I didn't have to push my children like this in any manner. We have the right to choose what we think we like to achieve as long as this won't hurt nor prejudice anyone. For my daughter's friend...I just hope everything will turn out well. Wheew! What a way...to live your life if this is going to happen. Only the person has his freedom to choose what's best for him. Please don't make things harder for our children. Don't make them an extension of our self whims or dreams. We as parents are obliged to help them in the most manner we can do. Do not try to suppress their freedom as long as it is just on the right track. We are here to help and guide but not to implement the militaristic obey-first-before-you-complain rule. Give them a chance to live their lives.

No comments: