Thursday, April 2, 2009

Drink Your MILK!


A few days ago, while staring out the window of a bus I am in along EDSA, I noticed passengers in the bus alongside us looking up the video on board so intently. I caught a glimpse of the movie, it was a Sean Penn starrer, a film about Harvey Milk. Mr. Milk was a politician in America and the first openly gay elected official.

I wondered while watching the very attentive passengers inside the bus if they were all amazed by the great Sean Penn (he won the Oscar for the role) or if they were interested in the story of a gay man portrayed by the once-bad-boy-lover-of-The Material Girl.

I remember Rustom Padilla (who is he? he's dead, right?) transforming himself into a "she" named BB Gandang Hari and I didn't hear that much ripple from the Pinoys. Are we now more open-minded and matured to accept that there are third sex in the society? I hope so!

Why are there gays? That's like asking, why are there males and females who produce gay offspring? Who has the answer to that? Surely, gays & lesbians are humans that came from humans, too! Closet or open, your sexuality is your right. Harvey Milk fought his battles for gays to be recognized and get rightful rights, let us fight our prejudice and see everyone as equal. Let's respect each other, 'migos and 'migas! Cheers to Egalite'!

By: Cocker Spaniel

No comments: