Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A mother's lament...


We're at the mall for some last minute Christmas rush...wheew! I would always feel that heady feeling. I just couldn't take that whirling crowd panorama. It always give me that lightheaded and nauseating feeling. Well, I came across with someone who gave me a brief smile, and I threw this...do I know you and have we met before facial expression. She went in front of me and still I couldn't place who she was. After some exchange of pleasantries, I remember her...the mother of my dau's schoolmate. I felt for her gloom as a mother who have had lost a son. Wow, I felt so guilty that with a very little concerns, I felt like I was sitting on needles. The fast few days I became edgy and very sensitive. I must admit that compared to her agony of losing a beloved child, who's at the prime of his career...with so much dreams left...mine was very simple and petty. While she had lost a son. After that long tete-a-tete, and getting her number, I just couldn't help but gave her a light hug. I pray that God will always give her the courage and strength to be able to go on.

No comments: